The 2020 4 Down project
The complete rules and contestants list for the third edition of the IMA's video contest
With the current status of events in the world (COVID-19) and the cancellation of this year's World Mountainboard Championship we have made adjustments to the 4 Down Project in 2020. We are extending the filming window out to 5 months. This will enable athletes and their teams a better chance to film after social distancing, isolation, and quarantines have been lifted. This project was started to create the most current mountainboard content available, to showcase what athletes from around the world have been working on, and to stoke the mountainboard world to get out and do the same.
The edits will be premiered online on September 1st, 2020. The contest will be athlete-judged (online voting) after the premiere and there will be a 1st - 4th ranking. There will be a cash purse (it still has yet to be decided since sponsorship hasn’t been locked in). They will be posted online immediately after the premiere to show everyone the hard work all contestants have been putting into their edits.
- Japan 🇯🇵 (Yuya Nakayama, Maaken, Champ Okada)
- USA 🇺🇸 (Jason Lee, AJ Lawson)
- Romania 🇷🇴 (Sonia Nicolau, Erica Pintea)
- Portugal 🇵🇹 (António Macieira)
The guidelines are:
- Project starts on April 1st, 2020
- The edit can be no longer than 8 minutes
- A one-minute trailer must be supplied by August 1st, 2020
- Final edit completed by August 16th, 2020
Updates in IMA newsletter
4 Down Project updates will be posted in the IMA newsletter
- April: Announcement (Who’s involved)
- June: Updates (Social media, previous videos, etc)
- August: Trailers (Drop 1 minute trailers from all the teams)
- September: The contest and voting starts
All contestants have access to, and ride different terrains. Take that freedom to express what mountainboarding means to you. Athletes may be spread all over the globe but we share something special in common.